For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn’t anything new. They’d been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the ‘man’ in man-whore. He’s never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn’t want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.
Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she’s perfect and she’s everything. But the feelings he has for her, he’s always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.
But when they’re stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor’easter, there’s nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
Reasons why to read this book?
1) It’s written by Jennifer L. Armentrout (actually her alter ego J.Lynn) who’s really talented. Her writting style is amazing and she can make you feel like you’re in the book, living among the characters.
2) The plot might seem cliche but there are twists that can keep your interest in the whole story. Personally I wasn’t able to stop reading it.
3) The characters are so… real… and you will fall in love with them and their relationship/friendship. They made me wish I had someone so freaking close to me.
4) It’s steamy enough and not tiring. The mature content is not too much but enjoyable.
5) Fun and easy to read when you need something to relax you.
6) Maybe the best book I’ve read so far in the “friends-to-lovers” category.